To view the 'Loop the Loop' marketing materials, please click the tabs below. To download any items, please click the links on the right.
To download the hi-res 'for print' version, please click the link on the right-hand side.
To download the hi-res "for print" version, please click the link on the right.
FRONT | BACK
To download the hi-res 'for print' version, please click the link on the right.
An Onyx Production
Prepare to be violently impressed when master musician Gene Peterson, goes head to head with multi instrumentalist Adam Page, in this phenomenal musical showdown. In this 100 minute jam-packed performance, the audience will be treated to a plethora of amazing skills, from simultaneously playing keyboards and drums, to Tibetan throat singing, to using a variety of vegetables as musical instruments!!
Set in a boxing ring, complete with blue & red corners, ‘Loop the Loop’ showcases a musical battle like no other. As each artist attempts to out-play the other with their multitude of musical abilities, they continually record their music into a loop pedal, creating the aural illusion of an entire band playing live! Both performers from 'Loop the Loop' are virtuoso musicians in their own right, and have each toured nationally and internationally, performed at festivals worldwide and have accumulated countless awards and accolades along the way. As the competition is fierce, the musicians are forced to pull their best tricks out of their arsenal! ‘Loop the Loop’ also features a high level of comedy, and audiences can look forward to marvelling at the outrageous skills displayed, whilst being tickled by the humour.
Sometimes quirky, often hilarious, at times unbelievable, but always impressive, 'Loop the Loop' offers the ultimate performance package.
Don’t miss this opportunity to see two of Australia’s finest musicians go head to head, in this hilarious concert for all ages!
“It’s fun, ingenious and like nothing you have seen before… a unique musical event for the whole family not to be missed” - Echo
‘Loop the Loop’ premiered in April, 2010, at the Byron Bay Community Centre, and has instantly hit success, with over 140 performances & workshops scheduled in 2011, with touring from March till November. This will see ‘Loop the Loop’ travel through every state of the county, as well as Christmas Island & the Coco Islands, entertaining audiences Australia-wide with their hilarious musical battle. The cast of ‘Loop the Loop’ will also be conducting workshops in each town they visit, teaching local youth how to make music from ‘Found Sound’. In these exciting and hands-on master classes, attendees will be shown how to turn any household item, or even vegetable, in to a musical instrument - an excellent exercise in musical creativity, without the price-tag of expensive equipment.
Producer: Gene Peterson
Cast: Gene Peterson, Adam Page
Lighting and Set Design: Geoff Squires
Gene Peterson has fast establishing himself as one of Australia’s leading musicians. He is a phenomenal drummer, an exceptional pianist and a prolific composer and producer.
After winning both the ‘Australia’s Up and Coming Drummer of the Year’ competition and ‘The Billy Hydes National Drum Play-Offs’ in 2006, Gene was invited to be the opening act at the prestigious ‘Australia’s Ultimate Drummers Weekend’, where he launched his live DVD.
Since then, Gene has established himself as a professional touring artist, having played right across Australia, as well as internationally through Europe, Asia and the Middle East, and has performed at festivals such as the Sibiu International Theatre Festival, the Singapore Arts Festival, the Holland Dance Festival, the Adelaide Fringe Festival, the Brisbane Festival, and the Sydney Royal Easter Show (to name just a few).
Now an accomplished producer, Gene tours his productions regularly, where he features as a soloist and entertainer, alongside word class special guests. His first production 'Gene Peterson Live' has just completed a 2 month national tour, and his latest show 'Loop the Loop' has just confirmed a 50 show national tour, with 2 additional tours currently in the pipeline for 2011!
In addition to producing his own shows, Gene works regularly with a number of other companies and artists. He has performed extensively with internationally acclaimed Raw Dance Company (as musical director, percussionist, keyboardist and composer), worked with production house Strut'n'Fret, and has also featured as a special guest with New Zealand percussion ensemble STRIKE. As a session musician Gene was selected to perform with Australian pop artist Cassie Davis, featuring on nationally televised performances on 'So You Think You Can Dance' and 'The Astra Awards', and also works frequently with Yamaha Drums Australia, to promote their products.
Aside from his successes as a performing artist, Gene is also a:
- prolific composer (having had his composition ‘Raindance’ performed by the Darwin Symphony Orchestra when he was only 15, & having also won a national film score competition)
- an in demand clinician (conducting countless clinics and workshops across the country every year)
- a talented keyboardist/cocktail pianist
- a sought after teacher, and
- an experienced recording artist/session musician.
He is sponsored by Yamaha Drums, Zildjian Cymbals, Vater Sticks & Remo Skins and has been featured in numerous issues of ‘Drumscene’ magazine.
Adam Page is at the forefront of a new and unique style of performing, recording live instruments into loop pedals and spontaneously composing intricate grooves in many different styles. Primarily a Saxophone player, the instruments Page loops are as diverse as Bass, Keys, Percussion, Vocals, Tuvan Throat Singing, Beat Boxing, Guitar, Flute, Clarinet, Mbira (African Thumb Piano), Didgeridoo and Nose Flute in styles ranging from Funk, Tango and Punjabi to Classical, Jazz and Metal! He has even dabbled in playing drilled out vegetables!
His achievements speak for themselves:
- 1998 finalist in James Morrison jazz scholarship
- 1999 most outstanding saxophone player at Adelaide uni
- 1999 graduated from the Adelaide University with a bachelor of jazz performance with a score of 97%.
- 2000 graduated from University with first class honours, majoring in jazz and Indian classical music.
- 2000 most outstanding post-graduate jazz student at Adelaide uni
- 2000 studied and performed with world renowned Indian musician, sitarist Dr. Chandracant Sardeshmukh
- 2000 composer for Queensland based horror film “BACK”
- 2000 leader of Elder Conservatorium big band 3
- 2001 leader of Elder Conservatorium big band 2
- 2001 began touring with Perth based funk band the jive express, touring Australia nine times and New Zealand twice over a year and a half.
- 2001 joined the orchestra on cruise ship line Princess Cruises in 2002, travelling all over the globe playing with some of the worlds best cabaret performers for three and a half years. Destinations travelled to and performed included Tahiti, Caribbean, Mexico, United States, Canada, Alaska, United Kingdom, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Germany, France, Holland, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Greek Islands and Turkey.
- 2004 to 2009 - Sax, Clarinet, Flute, Jazz impro and Jazz band teacher at Fremont High, St. Paul’s, St Mary’s, St. Aloysius and Scotch College.
- 2006, 2007 and 2008 composer and performer for ArtsSA and Australia Council Funded dance project “Falling for Frank”
- 2007 sold out ‘Adam Page Solo’ Adelaide Fringe season.
- 2007 WINNER of the Adelaide Fringe Award for “Best music by an emerging artist”
- 2007 toured Australia one time with Electro/Jazz quartet Kubrick and twice as Adam Page Solo.
- 2007 booked to feature at the Peats Ridge new years eve festival in NSW (cancelled due to flooding)
- 2008 sold out ‘Adam Page Solo’ Adelaide Fringe season.
- 2008 Worked as a multi instrumentalist and arranger (2 string arrangements for the Zephyr Quartet) with producer Paul Gomersal (Phil Collins, George Michael, Blur) on a recording project with Susie Keynes (Fruit)
- 2008 Nominated for the ‘Spirit of Jazz’ Award at the Generations in Jazz festival, aimed at the high school big band director who best instils the spirit of Jazz in their band.
- 2008 24 SHOW SEASON AT THE 2008 EDINBURGH FRINGE FESTIVAL
- 24 shows at the famed venue UNDERBELLY
- Recording a Podcast for E4, reaching #1 on the international iTunes Podcast charts
- BBC World Service special for their show 'The Ticket'
- Live to BBC Scotland on the Fred Macauley show from the world famous Speigeltent
- Featured in the "Pick of the Fringe" show hosted by Marvyn Stutters
- 1300 people attended my show throughout the season
- 2009 Performed at the Adelaide BIG DAY OUT with The Transatlantics.
- 2009 WINNER “Best Music” and “Best Solo Show” at the New Zealand Fringe Festival.
- 2009 Collaborated on a 22 show season with Multi award winning New Zealand percussion ensemble ‘STRIKE’
- 2009 touring with Mal Webb (composed music for Lano and Woodley, The Oxocubans).
- 2009 Guest Youth workshop director and performer, Wangaratta Jazz Festival.